This new update written by M. Ferri is wrth reading.
- – While instances of food packaging found to be contaminated by SARS-Cov-2 have been recently documented, there is no scientific evidence that contaminated food or packaging have been associated with the transmission of SARS-Cov-2,
- – considering the COVID-19 pandemic and the potential environmental circulation of SARS-Cov-2, observational/monitoring studies are needed to explore the virus transmission via food and survival on food packaging materials,
- – there is the need to develop an effective and rapid test for SARS-Cov-2 on food and feed to check and monitor the transmission through the related supply chains;
- – a developed and validated test SARS-Cov-2 will have beneficial effects on consumers and for the COVID-19 free certification of food industries;
- – SARS-Cov 2 poses challenges for the water and wastewater industries because of possible viral environmental circulation and subsequent contamination of food agricultural products and wildlife (spillback to humans).